Identity Registry Affiliations
Specific units within the University will be authorized to associate an individual with a particular Affiliation (How/Why is this person part of the UF community). The UF Identity Registry is the authoritative data source for the affiliation data. The registry aggregates data from applications of record such as HR, Student Records etc. as well as those affiliations associated manually by identity coordinators to provide the authoritative complete picture of this person at UF. An individual’s affiliation(s) make a material difference in services, entitlements or responsibilities for both digital and non-digital service provisioning at UF. Service providers use these data to determine eligibility in addition to other attributes. The following is presented in hope of fostering communication to guide decisions which will ultimately be reflected in service provisioning logic. Comments about these suggestions may be sent to the myUFL Suggestion Box, located in the portal by clicking on the “Suggestions” link in the top right-hand corner. The following Affiliation Types are presented in the prioritized Category order reflected in the preceding table (i.e., Faculty through Contact). Each affiliation contributes to the Level of Assurance calculation associated with this persons digital credential (GatorLink) and whether they qualify to apply for a GatorLink credential. See the chart above in the Affiliations Reference section.
- Type 192: Faculty Human Resource Services – Members of UF Faculty Member pay plan.
- Type 221: Consultant-Faculty Any authorized UF unit may assign individuals to this affiliation for a Consultant who needs services similar to a Faculty Member of UF.
- Type 193: USPS Staff Human Resource Services – Member of UF University Support Personnel System (USPS) pay plan. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required to declare a USPS affiliation.
- Type 195 TEAMS Employee Human Resource Services – Members of UF Technical, Executive, Administrative & Managerial Support (TEAMS) pay plan. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required to declare a TEAMS affiliation.
- Type 220: Consultant-Staff Any authorized UF unit may assign individuals to this affiliation for a Consultant who needs services similar to a Staff Member of UF. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required to declare a Consultant-Staff affiliation.
- Type 191: Student University Registrar – Registered for any traditional UF college credit course regardless of the number of hours. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required to declare a Student affiliation.
- Type 263: UF Online Student University Registrar – Registered for any UF Online college credit course regardless of the number of hours. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required to declare a Student affiliation.
- Type 214: DCE Student University Registrar / Distance, Continuing & Executive Education (DCE) – A student, credit or not credit, taking courses through DCE. Name is required; additional identification may be provided.
- Type 216: Not Registered Student University Registrar – Not registered traditional student. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required.
- Type 261: Not Registered UF Online Student University Registrar – Not registered, degree-seeking UF Online student. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required.
- Type 224: Newly Admitted Applicant University Registrar – A recently admitted traditional student who has yet to attend or register for courses at UF. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required.
- Type 260: Newly Admitted UF Online Applicant University Registrar – A recently admitted degree-seeking UF Online student who has yet to attend or register for UF Online courses. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required.
- Type 253: Innovation Academy Student University Registrar – Student in the Innovation Academy program for Spring/Summer on campus; fall off campus enrollment. Name, Date of Birth, SSN or Passport Number, and an Email is required for Identity management purposes. This affiliation may require special handling by some service providers at UF. An individual can be both a student and an Innovation Academy Student.
- Type 194: OPS Employee Other Personnel Services (OPS) – Temporary UF employees (Clinical Post Doc. Assoc/Intern, Fellowships, Federal Work Study Program, Graduate Assistant, House staff, OPS Faculty, OPS Regular, Student Assistant, Student Government & Housing) managed in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) by Human Resource Services / Student Financial Affairs.
- Type 197: Courtesy Faculty Courtesy Faculty appointments as defined and loaded from the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Type 200: Emeritus Faculty and other staff members who are current or retired with an Emeritus status.
- Type 204: Board of Trustee Board of Trustee Member.
- Type 205: UF Executive Human Resource Services – Executive Management Employee.
- Type 209: Shands Employee Shands Hospital Employee
- Type 213: Direct Support Organization Employee Employee from the following Direct Support Organizations (DSO’s): in UF Research Foundation, Florida 4H Club Foundation, Citrus Research & Education Foundation, Gator Boosters, and others.
- Type 217: Athletic Assoc. Employee UF Athletic Association Employee
- Type 218: Foundation Employee UF Foundation Employee
- Type 219: Clinical Faculty (formerly AEF Base Employee) Faculty who are appointed to a clinical practice plan at the Health Science Center (HSC). Practice plans exist for Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Related Professions.
- Type 236: Recent Employee An individual who has formally separated from UF within the last 30 days. HRMS job actions will designate the separation.
- Type 198: Vendor Vendor representatives who require UF services such as GatorLink, parking, etc.
- Type 203: Departmental Associate Any authorized UF unit may assign individuals to this affiliation to include former employees, friends of the department, and others that they routinely collaborate with and need UF services.
- Type 237: Continuing Education Student An individual who is taking a course with DCE, IFAS extension, or Academic Technology or any non-credit course, regardless of delivery method or technology or sponsoring area of UF. The activity may or may not offer CEU credits. No UF credit received for the student.
- Type 208: Alumni University Registrar – A UF earned degree recipient. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required.
- Type 190: Student Applicant Admissions – A person who has submitted an admission application to a traditional UF program.
- Type 259: UF Online Student Applicant Admissions – A person who has submitted an admission application to a UF Online degree-seeking program.
- Type 199: Retiree Human Resource Services – Retired UF employee defined in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Type 283: Retired Faculty Human Resource Services – Retired UF Faculty member defined in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Type 202: Volunteer Any authorized UF unit may define an individual as a volunteer.
- Type 207: Library Patron Any adult who does not otherwise have a university affiliation, which is eligible for using the Libraries; who properly fills out an application for access; who pays a fee; and who abides by Library rules.
- Type 210: Campus Resident Department of Housing and Residence Education Residents.
- Type 215: Former Student University Registrar – Not registered student who has not been enrolled for 5 terms. Specific action must be taken prior to re-admission. Name and either SSN or Birth Date are required.
- Type 222: Recent Attendee A traditional student not currently enrolled, but was enrolled within the last 2 – 5 terms.
- Type 264: UF Online Recent Attendee A UF Online student not currently enrolled, but was enrolled within the last 2 – 5 terms.
- Type 238: Former DCE Student A student, credit or not credit, no longer taking continuing education courses at UF.
- Type 245: Library Workstation User Provides a non-UF affiliate with access to public computer workstations operated by UF Libraries. The library will control access to services on workstations using this affiliation. This affiliation is to be used and managed solely by the university libraries.
- Type 248: CE Participant An individual who is involved in a non-college credit activity that does need access to UF services. This activity may be offered by an academic or administrative area within UF, and may or may not offer CEU credits. No UF credit received for the student. No UF services will be provided.
- Type 249: Former Student Subscription A companion affiliation to (215) Former Student affiliation. It’s used to qualify the former student for a GLID on a one year subscription basis.
- Type 252: Library Guest This role allows the user to maintain library guest affiliations for a person’s identity information in the UF Identity Registry.
- Type 254: PKY K-12 Student K-12 Student attending PK Yonge Lab School in the College of Education. These are not University students. They are K-12 students. This affiliation requires a signed parental consent form prior to issuing a GatorLink ID. Follow the K-12 GatorLink procedures for these individual.
- Type 255: K-12 Student K-12 Student is an individual attending an elementary, middle or high school program who has engaged themselves with the University in some capacity for additional learning activities and opportunities. These are not University students. They are K-12 students. K-12 Students require a signed parental consent form prior to issuing a GatorLink ID. Follow the K-12 GatorLink procedures for these individuals.
- Type 265: Former Applicant Admissions – A traditional or UF Online student applicant that has been denied or a newly admitted applicant that has not matriculated.
Someone who has begun the admission application process to a UF degree seeking program but has not submitted an application and application fee. There is no LDAP reference for a Pre-Applicant; this will not be an EduPerson Object. Contact – an individual who is assigned a UFID, but has a weak connection to UF (e.g. Unaffiliated UF Payee). Although there are likely to be a multitude of Affiliation Codes devised to describe relationships between and among people and organizations at the University of Florida, only those cited above are used to determine an individual’s Primary Affiliation.
- Type 211: Pre-Applicant Admissions / Professional Colleges -A person who has begun the admission application process to a traditional UF program, but has not submitted an application. Examples of documents that may be used to begin the application process follow: application, transcript, financial aid application. Name is required; additional identification may be provided.
- Type 258: UF Online Pre-Applicant Admissions /Colleges -A person who has begun the admission application process to a UF Online degree-seeking program, but has not submitted an application. Examples of documents that may be used to begin the application process follow: application, transcript, financial aid application. Name is required; additional identification may be provided.
- Type 239: Unaffiliated UF Payee An individual, whose sole purpose is to receive reimbursement by UF as a guest speaker, job applicant, etc. No UF services will be provided.
- Type 244: Self Service User An individual who needs access for any type of curriculum provided to self-identified users – generally for a DCE program. The Quick Reg service of DCE is the primary method of creation for this affiliation. This affiliation represents individuals who are self-asserted and have the “Self Asserted” Level of Assurance. Examples include: IFAS extension programs and other learning activities for the general public. “Tomato Growing Learning Activity” and “Master Gardener” are generic examples. See Quick Reg documentation for more info about these programs.
- Type 247: Former Self Service User An individual who formerly had access to any of the self-service offering of UF systems.
Order of Precedence
EduPerson Affiliation / UF Affiliation
- 192 Faculty
- 221 Consultant Faculty
- 193 USPS
- 195 TEAMS
- 220 Consultant Staff
- 194 OPS
- 197 Courtesy Faculty
- 200 Emeritus
- 204 Board of Trustees
- 205 UF Executive
- 209 SHANDS
- 213 DSO
- 217 Athletic Association
- 218 Foundation Employee
- 219 Clinical Faculty
- 236 Recent Employee
- 198 Vendor
- 203 Departmental Associate
- 237 Continuing Ed Student
- 190 Student Applicant
- 259 UF Online Student Applicant
- 199 Retiree
- 283 Retired Faculty
- 202 Volunteer
- 207 Library Patron
- 210 Campus Resident
- 215 Former Student
- 222 Recent Attendee
- 264 UF Online Recent Attendee
- 238 Former DCE Student
- 245 Library Wkstn User
- 248 CE Participant
- 249 Former Student Subscription
- 252 Library Guest
- 254 PKY K-12 Student
- 255 K-12 Student
- 265 Former Applicant
- 191 Student
- 263 UF Online Student
- 214 DCE Student
- 216 Non-Reg Student
- 261 Non-Reg UF Online Student
- 224 Newly Admitted Applicant
- 260 Newly Admitted UF Online Applicant
- 253 Innovation Academy Student
- 211 Pre-Applicant
- 258 UF Online Pre-Applicant
- 239 Unaffiliated UF Payee
- 244 Self-Service User
- 247 Former Self Service User
- 208 Alumni