UF Identity Registry APIs
Information presented in this section represents work in progress which is subject to modification as needed. The project team’s intention is to offer University application developers an early opportunity to gain familiarity with the structure and design of the UF Identity Registry. As development progresses, contents of these references will be updated accordingly.
A number of DB2 stored procedures (APIs) are located in the test region. Others, designated as being “In Development”, will be placed in the test region for evaluation as soon as they are ready. Campus developers are invited to begin working with the APIs.
Accessing the University of Florida’s Identity Registry using internally developed software involves two important prerequisites. Individuals must have authority to access a particular API and the application must be pre-registered. Security Access values are involved in granting access to these resources.
Comments and suggestions regarding this documentation may be sent to the myUFL Suggestion Box, located in the portal by clicking on the “Suggestions” link in the top right-hand corner.
- API Table of Contents: Stored Procedure specification details
- Field locations by API (PDF; last updated 04-01-2005).
- API Security Access settings.
- UF Identity Registry Category and Type Codes (PDF; last updated 01-13-2002).
- API Return Codes.
- API Javadoc: Comprehensive documentation of UF Directory Java classes, objects and methods. Last update: 01-11-2003.
- Obtaining Authority to call an API by Registering Applications.
- Transaction Type Code values TRANSACTION TYPE CODE flags are used to prepare the Directory for work you, or your application, intend to perform.